Salangen: from ” Selangr ” which means the seal fjord
Inhabitants: About 2 211 (1/1-2010 )
Members in team/assosiactions: About 4500
- Salangen youth club
- Salangen culture school, education in music and drama
- Rehersal room for rock bands
- Salangen youth council
- Salangen municipal cinema, digitalised in may 2011
- Salangen swimming hall, renovated april 2011
- Salangen indoors sports arena, located near Salangen skole
- Astafjordhallen, indoors football arena, located at Idrettsheia
- Idrettsheia, outdoors football arena
- Salangen Reginal Culture hall, concerts, theater, exhibitions
- Salangen Museums, several local museums, amongst them boat exhibitions etc.
- Sør Troms Reginal Museum
- Marked tracks around fjords and mountains, well prepared ski tracks in winter
- Tour maps, hiking tracks summer and winter
- Salangen municipal library with internet
- About 75 local organisations offers lots of activities
- Caving in Sagelva river caves (Elvelund Camping). The longest caving system i Northern Norway
- Several sports arenas, lighted ski tracks, football arenas, hiking tracks
- Fishing in the fjords and in the rivers of Salangs- og Løksebotn-vassdraget.
- Warm water pool at Salangen HelseRehab.
- Cafes at Lundbrygga in the center og Salangen, at Elvelund Camping and at Garsnes Camping.
- Sagvatn cabin in the mountains above Salangen, about 8 km from Salangen center
- Salangen bridgeklubb plays bridge ever tuesday in Salangen Regional Culture Hall
- Choir practice in Salangen Regional Culture Hall once a week
- Musical band / symphonic bands for both children an adults. Practice once a week
- Elvelund Camping with several activities, amongst them caving.
- Miniature shooting in Salangen Regional Culture Hall
- Hunting, fishing in magnificent scenery amongst fjords and mountains, rivers, forests
- Air sports and activities at Elvenes old airport
- The Million Fish Festival during the first weekend in july, fishing contest, musical events etc.
- Football tournaments, children/adults
- Musical events, theater, exhibitions, both professional/national events and amateure/local events